Thursday, October 18, 2007

Some queries on ministry

Lately I've been on a committee for the ministry of another Friend in my meeting. One morning I woke up with several queries for her to reflect on, and quickly realized I needed to examine them for myself as well. In case they're of use to others:

• (The old Quaker nuggets to ponder after being given ministry to share with others: Was thee faithful? Did thee yield?)

• What does it feel like to you to be guided?

• How do you find yourself turning away from God?

• What is your experience of consciously turning back to God, or being turned back by grace?

• How does living with your ministry fit with Step 3: "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God"?

• What messages in your ministry to others do you most need to hear or let in for yourself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home