Some queries on ministry
Lately I've been on a committee for the ministry of another Friend in my meeting. One morning I woke up with several queries for her to reflect on, and quickly realized I needed to examine them for myself as well. In case they're of use to others:
• (The old Quaker nuggets to ponder after being given ministry to share with others: Was thee faithful? Did thee yield?)
• What does it feel like to you to be guided?
• How do you find yourself turning away from God?
• What is your experience of consciously turning back to God, or being turned back by grace?
• How does living with your ministry fit with Step 3: "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God"?
• What messages in your ministry to others do you most need to hear or let in for yourself?